Bed & Breakfast in the Blue Ridge
The basic B&B package includes spending a cozy night in one of our condos or homes, then a leisurely breakfast. But we suggest you pump up your getaway! It’s your choice, be as active as you want or as relaxed as you need to be.
For a weekend trip we recommend:
Day 1 – Arrival Friday
- When checking in, pick up a delicious Trager Brothers coffee drink at The Gristmill.
- Be sure to check This Week at Wintergreen for hours of operation and events.
Aquatics & Fitness Center - hang out at the pool, work out in the fitness room, do a few laps, then relax in the hot tubs
- Check on activities at DRAC – campfire with stories and s’mores are always fun
- If it’s a clear night, stop by one of the overlooks and do some stargazing.
Dinner options include:
The Edge – from starters and salads, to hearty sandwiches, bowls and burgers, it a great way to unwind from a hectic work week.
The Copper Mine Bistro –from tapas to pizza or luscious entrees. Our favorites are the Seafood Sauté, Lamb Rack or Short Ribs. Or just make a meal of the tapas – the risotto cakes are over the top.
Day 2 - Saturday
Breakfast at The Copper Mine Bistro – fill up to fuel your day!
Golf – 18 holes or check out the daily clinics
Spa! – be sure to get your appointment before you come to guarantee the time and service that fits your schedule. Check out the seasonal treatments and treat yourself to some TLC.
Tennis – great weekend clinics, or book some court time and enjoy tennis at 3600 feet! Need a partner? Give Anita a call and she’ll even find a partner for you.
Hike with a naturalist from The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen and discover the beauty
of The Blue Ridge Mountains.
Swimming – no vacation is complete without some time in the water. Visit the Aquatics & Fitness Center with seasonal outdoor and indoor pools, hot tubs, sauna and steam and workout room. Plus, Lake Monocan is open Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Nelson County Farmer’s Market begins May 6, open Saturdays 8 am-12 pm with great local produce, art and music
- Pack a picnic lunch from
The Market - they have THE best sandwiches and head to the Blue Ridge Parkway and enjoy a scenic drive
Stoney Creek Bar & Grill - Our restaurant in the valley sports an amazing veranda with fantastic mountain views
- Nellysford options – Try Blue Ridge Pig, Basic Necessities, and more
If you're in the mood to explore, check out our
Area Attractions page and think about the options below:
- Beer and Cider Tastings at Wild Wolf, Bold Rock and Devils Backbone, or head north on Rt. 151 to Blue Mountain Brewery
- Shopping in Nellysford; antiques, Rockfish Community Center Shops: local artists, thrift store, coffee shop, jewelry
- Visit the local orchards. Dickie Brothers offers pick your own apples. Saunders Brothers has fresh produce, apples AND homemade ice cream.
- Fun at
Discovery Ridge Adventure Center – archery, summer tubing, bungee trampoline, challenge the mechanical bull and MORE!
- Enjoy a Movie Under the Stars
Stoney Creek Bar & Grill – Why not stop at SCB&G for dinner before heading up the mountain. Sit on the deck with one of their signature cocktails and enjoy good friends, great food and grand views!
- Or enjoy an elegant dinner at
Devils Grill – our new chef is getting rave reviews!
Day 3 – Departure Sunday
Breakfast – yum, again!
Before you head home
- Join the restorative yoga class at the
Aquatics & Fitness Center
- Take your pick of resort activities: golf, tennis, spa, hiking, adventure center, swimming, Lake Monocan
- Visit the
General Store before you leave and pick up some Wintergreen treasures.
- On your way home stop by the Nelson County wineries and take some of Nelson County home with you.
Day 4 – Monday
Call Wintergreen and book your next Wintergreen getaway!