Devils Knob Golf Course
When Ellis Maples designed this 18 hole gem, the highest golf course in Virginia, his challenge was to enhance its stunning Blue Ridge Mountain setting. Sitting at an elevation of over 3,800 feet, players leave Devils Knob golf course remembering narrow fairways, excellent turf conditions and unsurpassed vistas. Typically 12-18 degrees cooler even than its sister golf course, Stoney Creek, Devils Knob provides Virginia's coolest playing conditions throughout the summer and the most dramatic mountain foliage backdrop throughout the fall. If you are searching for a true mountain golf challenge, Devils Knob golf course is a "must play."
Click here for an article on how Ellis and Dan Maples developed the Devils Knob Golf Course.
Take a Hole-By-Hole Tour of Devils Knob!
For more information and tee times, call 434-325-8250
|Golf Course Yardages
Golf Course Characteristics
- At 3,850 feet, the highest course in the State of Virginia
- Rated one of the State's top courses
- 50-mile views of the Shenandoah and Rockfish valleys
- Surprisingly level mountaintop terrain
- Pleasant 70-85 degree temperatures throughout the spring and summer
- Spacious 16,585 square foot clubhouse, featuring pro shop with top-of-the-line merchandise, locker room, fine dining and snack shop