Charitable Donation Program
Wintergreen Resort is dedicated to providing memorable experiences that enrich and rejuvenate. As a proud community partner, we strive to support our neighbors through an active community relations effort. By giving back to our community, we thank those who have supported Wintergreen Resort for more than 30 years and help ensure a bright future for those who will visit us tomorrow.
Wintergreen Resort donates each year to numerous non-profit organizations whose initiatives improve the overall quality of life in our community. In addition to providing mid-week recreation vouchers to worthy causes, Wintergreen is proud to take a leadership role in supporting its resident non-profit organizations including: The Wintergreen Nature Foundation, Wintergreen Performing Arts, and Wintergreen Adaptive Ski Sports. Wintergreen has also been the proud host site of the Virginia Special Olympics Alpine Skiing Championships for more than 25 consecutive years.
What Do We Donate?
Wintergreen Resort donates complimentary mid-week recreation coupons, which may be used for one of the following resort activities: golf greens fees, ski lift tickets, outdoor tennis, bike or boat rentals at Lake Monocan, bungee-trampoline, gaming center or miniature golf at Discovery Ridge Adventure Center, or admission to the Aquatics & Fitness Center.
A request does not guarantee a donation, and a maximum of two (2) mid-week recreation passes per request may be granted. Organizations are limited to one request per year.
Often organizations will ask for a "weekend stay at Wintergreen" as a grand prize. Although we are sorry to disappoint, we never donate overnight accommodations.
Each request will receive consideration based on the resort's policies. Our guidelines are as follows:
- Organizations must submit donation requests in writing on organization letterhead. Please include a contact name, date of the event/auction, tax exempt 501(c)(3) identification and event description.
- Consideration will be given to those organizations that send their request at least three months before the event and for those supporting social causes: health and welfare, children and families, arts and education, and sports. Please be sure to describe the people who would benefit from the donation, as well as the background and purpose of your agency.
- Requests that are sent within 60 days of the event will unfortunately not qualify for consideration.
Who We Can't Support
We would love to provide support to everyone, and we thank you for visiting to see if your non-profit group is eligible. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide support to the following groups:
- Individuals or individual families
- For-profit organizations
- Political parties
- Organizations located outside the Mid-Atlantic region
- Groups utilizing Wintergreen donations for festivals, bingo events, building funds or other activities that do not directly benefit our community
How To Request a Donation
Please mail your donation request letter on organization letterhead to:
Attn: Marketing Department
PO Box 706
Wintergreen, Va. 22958
Due to the volume of requests, we are unable to respond to inquiries requesting a status of a submitted request.
Wintergreen Resort Charitable Donation Program Facts
- In an average year, Wintergreen Resort donates to approximately 400 non-profit organizations in our region.
- Wintergreen is proud to take a leadership role in supporting its resident non-profit organizations including: The Wintergreen Nature Foundation, Wintergreen Performing Arts, and Wintergreen Adaptive Ski Sports.
- Wintergreen Resort has been the proud host site of the Virginia Special Olympics Alpine Skiing Championships for more than 25 consecutive years.