About the Patrol
The Wintergreen's award-winning Ski Patrol is responsible for first aid and assistance to visitors and employees of Wintergreen Resort. The organization promotes safe recreation practices in a mountain environment and was recognized and awarded "The Outstanding Ski Patrol" in the nation in 2011.
Here are some links to help you be safe on the slopes:
For more information, please call 434-325-8060
About the Wintergreen Ski Patrol (WSP)
- 140 members, including 41 senior patrollers, 13 certified patrollers and 12 national appointees
- All Wintergreen Ski Patrollers are members of the National Ski Patrol and certified as Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) Technicians
- WSP members are well versed in special rescue techniques including toboggan handling, chairlift evacuation and technical rope rescues
- Skilled alpine, snowboard and telemark patrollers are all able to perform duties of a ski patroller and all types of equipment are represented on the WSP
- The WSP is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization
Becoming a Wintergreen Ski Patroller
OEC Course - The National Ski Patrol's equivalent to an Emergency Medical Technician course runs from the first weekend after Labor Day until first part of November, Saturdays/Sundays 8 am - 4 pm.
On-The-Hill Medical Training - The course is held during the first part of December. Learn to put OEC skills into practice on-snow/slope dependent on conditions.
After successful completion of the above, a candidate may be registered as a member of WSP. Most people choose to continue training to achieve the level of Alpine Patroller.
Alpine Patroller Program:
Ski and Toboggan Rescue Skills Taught January through February. Learn to transport a person in a toboggan down Wintergreen's steepest terrain. This may be completed in as little as one year, but may take two or more years of effort.
Click here to view Your Responsibility Code
Educate yourself on helmet usage and check out Lids On Kids, and find out more about our winter activities and ski schools for kids.
To Join the Wintergreen Ski Patrol, please visit the Wintergreen Ski Patrol's homepage at www.wintergreenskipatrol.org.
Wintergreen Ski Patrol
Tucker Crolius, Director of Ski Patrol
PO Box 706
Wintergreen, VA 22958
The Wintergreen Volunteer Ski Patrol is a non-profit 501.C.3 organzation. Contributions may be tax-deductible and are always appreciated. Every year, on the Friday after Thanksgiving the WSP holds a fund-raising Ski Swap. Proceeds from the sale of donated ski and snowboard equipment benefit the Wintergreen Volunteer Ski Patrol.