Treehouse Programs for Children
Call 434-325-8179 for more information.
The Treehouse features the Kids in Action summer childcare program offered Tuesday through Saturday from June 10th through August 16th and Labor Day Weekend. The program features a variety of activities and fun each day, as outlined below.
- Children of all ages will explore nature on easy-intermediate hikes and nature walks depending on the age and ability level of the group (we may seperate the group to best serve the age/ability levels of each child). Children will play indoors and outdoors throughout different parts of the day. Indoor/outdoor activities include arts/crafts, storytime, play group games, spending time on playground and learning songs.
- Children age five and under are required to have rest time (per state licensing requirement), during rest times, this age group will be separated from the main group and listen to a story or watch G rated movie. If any child is not asleep within 30 minutes, they are allowed to return to the rest of the group to play.
- Lunch is available for $8, or you may pack lunch for your child. Please do not include peanut butter or nuts of any kind as they are not allowed at Treehouse for allergy reasons.
- Mornings are spent in outdoor and indoor play, hiking, and arts & crafts, and afternoon activity varies by day of week.
|Treehouse Afternoon Activities
||Discovery Ridge Adventure Center
||Climbing wall, bungee trampoline, mini golf, air hockey, video games, pool tables, foosball tables, inflatables. Additional $10 charge
||Swimming and other activities. Certified lifeguard on duty, plus Treehouse supervisor and counselors to ensure safety of all children. No additional charge.
||Tennis lesson with a Wintergreen Resort tennis professional. Additional $10 charge
||Archery lesson. Additional $10 charge.
||Surprise Theme Day
||Based on age and genders of children in program.
RATES (*based on a 24 hour advance reservation)
- All Day (9am-4pm): *$55 for 1st child; $40 for each additional child, lunch not included.
- Half Day (9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm): *$35
- Lunch: $8.00
- Add $10 on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday for Discovery Ridge Adventure Center or Archery visit.
- Save $10 ($5 for a half-day) for a reservation made more than 24 hours in advance.
Treehouse Registration Information:
- All Treehouse programs require advance reservations. Please sign up early as programs fill up fast. Click here to download a registration card (pdf).
- Please call ahead if your child has special needs, in order for us to provide appropriate care.
- A credit card number will be needed to process reservations.
- Cancellation Policy:
A birth certificate and copy of your child’s immunization record is required for registration. (This is a Virginia State Law requirement.)
Lunch is available for $8, or you may pack lunch for your child. Please do not include peanut butter or nuts of any kind as they are not allowed at Treehouse for allergy reasons.
- Outside of 48 Hours - Full Refund
- 24-48 Hours - 25% Scheduling Fee
- Less than 24 Hours - No Refund
For information contact the Treehouse Office at 434-325-8179.
Registration Form to download, print, and fill out before your visit.
Written Medical Consent Form is required for children taking medication.
All Treehouse programs and activities are subject to change without notice due to weather conditions or participation levels. Please call ahead for confirmation.
An approved babysitting list is available at the Front Desk, or call 434-325-2200 and a list will be emailed or faxed to you.
Kids in Action and Kids Night Out can be offered to large groups as a substitute for babysitting. Call 434-325-8179 for more information.