Treehouse Programs for Children
Call 434-325-8179 for more information.
Summer is a great time to visit Wintergreen Resort. The Treehouse features the Kids in Action summer childcare program (offered Tuesday through Saturday from June 15th through September 2nd). The program features a variety of activities and fun each day, as outlined below.
- Children ages 2 ½ to 5 years old will explore the world around them on fun and easy nature walks, play games indoors and outdoors, make arts and crafts, listen to stories, and have time at the pool. These ages will also have a designated quiet time where napping is an option.
- Children ages 6 to 12 years old explore nature on easy-intermediate nature walks, play organized games outside, make arts and crafts and enjoy scavenger hunts. **See other activities below.
- Both age groups will visit Discovery Ridge Adventure Center, a mega center of fun including video games, air hockey tables, pool tables, and foosball tables inside. There is an outdoor rock climbing wall, mini-golf course, bungee trampolines and inflatables for the younger children to play on. There will be an additional $10 charge for the days we visit the Adventure Center (Program offered on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday of each week).
- Both age groups will visit Lake Monocan once a week (Wednesday’s) for fun activities and swimming at the lake. No additional activity charge for Lake Day.
Whenever we take children to the lake, we will have a certified life guard on duty, a Treehouse supervisor and the appropriate number of counselors to ensure the safety of all children involved.
RATES (*based on a 24 hour advance reservation)
- All Day (9am-4pm): *$55 for 1st child; $40 for each additional child, lunch not included.
- Half Day (9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm): *$35
- Lunch: $8.00
- Add $10 on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for Discovery Ridge Adventure Center visit.
- Save $10 ($5 for a half-day) for a reservation made more than 24 hours in advance.
Treehouse Registration Information:
- All Treehouse programs require advance reservations. Please sign up early as programs fill up fast. Click here to download a registration card (pdf).
- Please call ahead if your child has special needs, in order for us to provide appropriate care.
- A credit card number will be needed to process reservations.
- Cancellation Policy:
A birth certificate and copy of your child’s immunization record is required for registration. (This is a Virginia State Law requirement.)
- Outside of 48 Hours - Full Refund
- 24-48 Hours - 25% Scheduling Fee
- Less than 24 Hours - No Refund
For information contact the Treehouse Office at 434-325-8179.
Click here to download, print, and fill out a registration form before your visit.
Children taking medication must bring a filled-out Written Medical Consent Form.
All Treehouse programs and activities are subject to change without notice due to weather conditions or participation levels. Please call ahead for confirmation.
An approved babysitting list is available at the Front Desk, or call 434-325-2200 and a list will be emailed or faxed to you. Rates start at $14 per hour.
Kids in Action and Kids Night Out can be offered to large groups as a substitute for babysitting. Call 434-325-8179 for more information.