Tips for Day Groups
This information will help you as you plan a group trip to Wintergreen. Because we want your group to have a fun and memorable experience, we've outlined the steps needed to ensure a successful trip.
Steps to take for a Successful Group Trip
- Choose your date
- Select your Session.
- 8-Hour Session (8 hours from time of purchase)
- Night Session (4p-close on nights when night skiing is available)
- Book your dates early!
- The Group Sales Desk will help you plan every detail of your ski/snowboarding trip from sign-up to arrival procedures. Space is limited, so please call early, 434-325-8164, or email:
- Send your deposit.
Wintergreen requires a deposit to guarantee rates, dates and the session you choose.
- Wintergreen equipment rental.
Determine who will need rental equipment. Our rental shop is now paperless and rentals are processed electronically. Pre-registering online for rentals is free and REQUIRED for group rentals.
Click here to pre-register.
- Call ahead to confirm and pay.
Please call us at least one week before your scheduled visit date to verify the number of lift tickets and rentals you will need and to make your final payment. Call 434-325-8164.
- Plan to arrive at least one and a half hours before your scheduled session begins.
Early arrival will allow time to pick up and distribute lift tickets and get your group fitted with rental equipment. Please have your
group wait on or near the bus/vans while you pick up tickets in our Ski Group Sales Office located below the Copper Mine restaurant.
- Talk to your Wintergreen Group Coordinator for ways to further speed up the rental process.
- FREE Lift Ticket with every 20 tickets purchased.
- How to Pay
Wintergreen accepts Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover credit cards or pay by single check, made out to Wintergreen Resort.
Wintergreen operates in all types of weather. If for some reason we do not have at least two lifts running, we will gladly reschedule your trip or refund your deposit. Cancelations are subject to a $100
processing fee. No refunds will be given within one week of your trip date.
Overnight Group Rates
Your day on the slopes doesn’t have to end with a drive home. Wintergreen Resort's overnight packages make a winter escape easy and affordable. Call 800-273-3390 or email [email protected] to book your escape and come to our winter
Available for groups of 20 or more
Your package includes:
- Accommodations, double occupancy per bedroom
- Lift tickets from 9 am day of arrival until 5 pm day of departure
- Unlimited use of the Aquatics & Fitness Center
- Ask about equipment rental options
Package rate includes lodging and a lift ticket from 9 am day of arrival through 5 pm day of departure. Rates are per person, per night, double occupancy per bedroom (example: 2 skiers in a studio; 4 skiers in a two-bedroom condo). Rates will
vary for different size units and different numbers of skiers. Rates are subject to prevailing taxes and resort fees. Minimum stay requirements vary. Additional charges per bedroom may be added for view and/or location. Rates valid for
groups of 20 or more skiers.
Steps to a Successful Overnight Group Trip
- Choose your date: Packages are available midweek, weekends & holidays.
For the best rate on Ski & Stay packages choose a pre-Christmas, midweek or Beat the Blues weekend.
- Book Your Trip
Call 800-273-3390 or e-mail
Our staff will help you plan every detail of your ski/snowboarding trip from sign-up to arrival procedures. Space is limited, so please call early.
- Selecting accommodations and package.
Wintergreen offers villa style accommodations ranging from two bedroom condos up to five bedroom townhomes that are ideal for groups.
- Send your deposit.
To guarantee your rate, dates and accommodations, Wintergreen requires a signed contract and a deposit equal to the first night's lodging. Packages are exclusive of sales tax and resort fee.
- Call ahead to confirm.
Please call us at least two weeks before your scheduled visit date to confirm the number of lift tickets, equipment rentals, the rooming list and final arrangements.
- Check in.
Lift tickets and rental vouchers will be available in a packet at the front desk for your group leader to pick up and distribute which means no standing in lines at the ticket windows.
- How to Pay
Wintergreen accepts Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover credit cards or pay by single check, made out to Wintergreen Resort. Please have another form of payment available should you need additional
lift tickets or rentals. Payment in full is required at check-in.
- Group Beginner Lessons, are available for $15/person with purchase of rentals, savings of up to 70%
- Multi-day Lift Tickets and Rentals now available from 9 am on day of arrival to 5 pm on day of departure
- Discounts on group tubing midweek (Wed-Thurs/non holiday). Note: there’s no tubing on non holiday Mondays and Tuesdays
- Complimentary use of the Aquatics & Fitness Center
- Complimentary use of our Mountain Top Shuttle
- Discounted equipment rentals daily
- Our rental shop is now paperless and rentals are processed electronically. Preregistering online for rentals is free and puts you on the snow faster!
Click to pre-register.
- Have fun!